Sunday, September 15, 2013

Ted Talks- Apollo Robbins: The Art of Misdirection

I am usually a fan of Ted Talks because then speakers on their show always talk about cutting edge technology or explaining mind blowing topics. The speaker of this video podcast, Apollo Robins addresses the fact that attention steers out perception. He explains that its harder to pay attention to whats going on in your surroundings when you are focused on one thing. He explained that by using a "random" audience member. Robins used slight of hand tricks to illustrate what he was talking about.
What I liked and Disliked
-I liked how Apollo Robins demonstrated what he was talking about with a person in the audience. He has so serous slight of hand skills.

 -That being said, Robins needs to work on his public speaking skills. I didn't like how I could hear nervousness in his voice.

-The tone of his voice was sometimes awkward .

Overall, I thought it was an entertaining and educational video podcast. Would I watch it again? Probably not. Would I want to watch another demonstration by Apollo Robins? I think I would. His stage presents seemed to be nervous and a little awkward but he does have a good talent with his hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment